Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hair Bow Holder

SOURCE: http://mommymeatloaf.blogspot.com/2010/02/little-girl-hairbow-holder.html


After making all the hairbows for my daughter during the blizzard, I decided I better find somewhere to keep them. I wanted to keep them so that I could easily tell what bows she had, but I also wanted it to be cute. I decided to make this cute little face; its just like one I had as a kid.


So, I took a piece of cardboard, traced a bowl to make a circle, and cut it out. I covered the circle with stuffing (because I was out of batting). I then took an old pillowcase and covered the circle, flipped it over, and hot-glued it to the cardboard. I glued a piece of ribbon on the back to hang it from.

To make the hair, I took yarn and made 3 sections with 10 pieces each. I tied them at the end and then braided them together (to keep it tight, I actually tied it to the cabinet while braiding). I then glued the braid around the face and added some bangs.

To make the face, I cut eyes and a mouth out of felt and glued them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment